Welsh rarebit (spelling based on folk etymology) or Welsh rabbit (original spelling) is a dish made with a savoury sauce of melted cheese and various other ingredients and served hot, after being poured over slices (or other pieces) of toasted bread, or the hot cheese sauce may be served in a chafing dish like a fondue, accompanied by sliced, toasted bread. The names of the dish originate from 18th-century Britain.
Portion Size: 4
200 gm Mature Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
25 gm Flour
175 ml Milk
1 Tblspn Mustard
4 Slices Bread
1. Grate or finely dice the cheese.
2. Make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk.
3. Add the grated cheese and the diluted mustard. Stir over a low heat until the cheese is dissolved. Season with cayenne pepper.
4. Toast the bread on both sides and remove the crusts.
5. Spread the mixture on the slices of toast ensuring the whole slice is covered. Cook under a grill until golden brown and serve .
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe