Homemade Waldorf Salad2017-02-03
A Waldorf salad is a salad generally made of fresh apples, celery, grapes and walnuts, dressed in mayonnaise, and usually served on a bed of lettuce as an appetizer or a light meal.
Portion Size: 4
250 gm Celery
250 gm Russet apples
50 gm Shelled walnuts
1 Lemon 50gm Mixed Grapes
125 ml Mayonnaise
1 Romain Lettuce
1. Scrub and trim the celery and cut it into 5 mm dice. Peel the apples remove core and cut them into 5 mm dice. Marinade both in lemon juice and then bind with mayonnaise.
2. Peel the walnuts and soak them in cold water for 15 mins.
3. The salad may be served individually on lettuce leaves garnished with walnuts or in lettuce lined salad bowls, garnished with walnuts.
1. The peeled walnuts can be added to the celery and apples and mixed together.
2. We have to marinade the diced apple in the lemon juice, to stop the apples turning brown.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe