- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 40m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 50m
500 gm Potatoes (Par Boiled)
1 Large Onion
Salt And Pepper
50 gm Butter
1. Wash the potatoes, put them in a saucepan with salt, cover with cold water and a lid. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes and cool immediatly use running cold water.
2. Drain the potatoes, Grate the potatoes and onion and mix together with salt and pepper.
3. Melt half the butter in a shallow frying pan and add the mix, flatten it down with a spatula and cook over moderate heat for about 5 mins.
4. Put a plate over the top of the pan and turn the pan over so the mixture falls on the plate, scrape the scraps out of the pan, and add the rest of the butter.
5. Slide the potato back into the pan so that the underside cooks for another 5 mins, turn onto a warmed plate and serve.
1. Test the potatoes whilst par boiling them by using the point of a knife and stop the cooking when there is still resistance to the knife (otherwise it will be hard to grate the potates.)
2. For a complete meal add diced crispy bacon and serve with a fried egg on top of the individual portion.