Homemade Sticky Toffee Pudding2017-01-08
Sticky Toffee Pudding
Sticky toffee pudding is a British dessert consisting of a very moist sponge cake, made with finely chopped dates, covered in a toffee sauce and often served with a vanilla custard or vanilla ice-cream.
Portion Size: 4-6
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
120 gm Dried Dates (Soaked & Chopped)
100 Ml Water (Hot)
50 gm Butter
60 gm Caster Sugar
100 gm Self Raising Flour
3 gm Bicarbonate Of Soda
30 gm Golden Syrup
60 ml Milk
Dusting Of Icing Sugar
Drizzle Of Oil
100 gm Caster Sugar
30 gm Butter
120 ml Single Cream
1. Soak the dates in the boiling water and leave for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl add butter and caster sugar and cream together until light & Fluffy.
3. Gradually add the eggs, then fold in the syrup, milk, flour and bicarbe of soda.
4. Drain the water from the dates, then using a fork crush the dates, then fold in your sponge mix and combine well.
5. Grease & line with greaseproof your tin, place sponge mix into your tin and place in a preheated oven 170c for 35-40 mins.
6. Place the butter in a saucepan add sugar and half the cream and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer until your mix reaches a light golden brown, remove from heat and add remaining cream.
7. Remove sponge from the oven allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice and portion as needed with a drizzle of toffee sauce oven the top of each serving.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe