How To Make Spiced Parsnip Soup2016-12-07
Homemade soup is something that can be created from the simplest of ingredients, the key to a good soup is to reduce the soup, bring to the boil and let it simmer for minimum of 30 minutes.
Portions size: 4-6
- 350 gm Parsnips (Peeled and diced)
- 50 gm Onion (Diced)
- 150 gm Peeled Potatoes (Diced)
- 50 gm Celery (Diced)
- 100 gm Carrots (Diced)
- 20 gm Vegetable Stock
- 20 gm Margarine
- 1 clove Garlic Crushed
- 1.4 Litres Water
- 1 tspn Ground Cumin
- 1 tspn Chilli Powder
- Wash, clean and roughly chop the vegetables.
- Heat margarine in a saucepan, add vegetables, garlic and spices and sweat for 3 minutes.
- Make up the Veg Stock, whisk the hot water and veg stock together.
- Add stock and simmer for 40 mins, until vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup using a hand stick blender, Taste and season with salt & Pepper Serve.