Sherry Liver Pate2015-04-04
- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 2:000 h
- Ready In : 3:000 h
Sherry Liver Pate
100 gm Chicken livers
100 gm Belly of pork
100 gm Larding fat
50 ml Fresh cream or evaporated milk
50 ml Sherry
Garlic 1 clove
1. Cut the pork into 2 cm dice and shallow fry it in a little hot oil with the chicken livers and garlic cook for about 5 mins, use a blender Hand Stick is fine and blend until cpm[;etly fine.
2. Pass the mince through a sieve add the seasoning and mix in the cream and sherry.
3. Line an earthenware dish with thin slices of larding fat put in the mixture and cover the top with more larding fat.
4. Place the dish into a backing tray half filled with boiling water and cook in an oven at 180oC for two hours.
5. When the pare is cooked press down the top with a weight and leave until cold then refrigerate.
6. Cut into slices and serve with melba toast.
1. Chopped truffle may be added to this mix.
2. Instead of passing through a sieve, a liquidizer or Hand stick blender may be used.