- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:40 h
Potatoes (prepared) 1 kg
75 gm Bacon
250 ml Chicken stock
15 gm Margarine
25 gm Cheese
1. Cut the potatoes into slices 3 mm thick, do not re-wash.
2. Cut the bacon into 5 mm dice.
3. Peel and shred the onions, and fry them in oil without colouring.
4. Mix the potatoes, bacon and onions together and season with salt and pepper and place them in a greased baking dish.
5. Arrange a neat layer of the sliced potatoes on the top and pour in the stock to half the depth of the contents.
6. Brush the surface with melted margarine. Bring to the boil on top of the stove. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in a moderate oven for 1 hour.
7. Serve decorated with parsley.