Homemade Sage & Onion Stuffing2016-12-10
- Course: Favourites
Homemade Sage & Onion Stuffing
Turkey stuffing often consists of dried bread, in the form of croutons, cubes or breadcrumbs, pork sausage meat, onion, celery, salt, pepper, and other spices and herbs such as summer savoury, sage, or a mixture like poultry seasoning. Giblets are often used. Popular additions in the United Kingdom include dried fruits and nuts (notably apricots and flaked almonds), and chestnuts.
225 gm Onions (Finely Diced)
25 ml Oil
5 gm Sage (chopped)
500 ml Chicken stock (2 Chicken Stock Cubes)
450 gm Breadcrumbs
25 gm Pork, goose or duck dripping (Lard)
5 gm Parsley (chopped)
1. Finely chop the onion and fry them in the oil to a golden brown.
2. Add the breadcrumbs, parsley, sage and Chicken stock to the onions.
3. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in the dripping.
5. Put in a baking dish and cook in a preheated oven at 180C, gas 4 for 40 mins.
6. Take the sage and onion stuffing out of the oven and serve with your favourite roast turkey/Chicken.