ROAST STUFFED TURKEY2014-11-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
ROAST STUFFED TURKEY
Turkey (Oven Ready)
Parsley and thyme stuffing
Chipolata sausages Bacon rolls for garnish
Cranberry sauce/bread sauce allow 150 ml per portion
1. Remove the wishbone with the point of a sharp knife and place the stuffing in the neck end only. Sprinkle a little salt in the vent.
2. Place the bird on its side in a baking tray, baste with oil and place it in an oven at 200°C for 30 minutes then turn it over onto the other side and roast for a further 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
3. Place the bird onto its back and continue to roast until it is cooked. It is important to baste regularly. If the skin is colouring too quickly cover it with either cooking foil or greaseproof paper. When the turkey is cooked, the juices will run white and the flesh will be firm to the touch.
4. Allow the turkey to rest for 10 minutes prior to carving.
5. Make a roast gravy using the brown stock and the residue from the cooking process.
6. Serve a portion of white and dark meat together on a dish garnished with chipolata sausages bacon rolls, game chips and watercress.
7. Serve the roast gravy and cranberry sauce separately.
1. Allow 200 g per portion.
2. The stuffing may be varied with the addition of sausage meat
3. Chestnut stuffing may be used in place of parsley and thyme stuffing.
4. Allow one chipolata sausage bacon roll, one bunch of watercress and 100 g of game chips per portion..