ROAST LOIN OF PORK2014-11-24
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
ROAST LOIN OF PORK
Pork Loin, bone in 1.2 kg
Oil 50 ml
Brown Stock 1 lt
Jus Lie 500 ml
1. Score the rind and tie the joints tightly.
2. Brush the joints with a little oil, add seasoning and cook in an oven at 220°C for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 160°C and continue to cook for a further one and a half hours.
3. Remove the joint from the oven, transfer it to a clean dish and stand it in a warm place for 10 minutes to rest before carving.
4. Strain off the fat in the roasting dish and leave behind the residue. Place the dish on the stove top and add the brown stock.
5. Bring to the boil, strain and skim. Add the jus lie and adjust the consistency.
6. Carve the loin into slices, and serve the gravy separately.
1. If the skin is required to be served as crackling do not baste the joints during the cooking process.
2. Appropriate garnishes are: Watercress accompanied by apple sauce and sage and onion stuffing.