Rich Tea Scones2017-02-03
Rich Tea Scones
A scone is a single-serving quick bread/cake, usually made of wheat, barley or oatmeal with baking powder as a leavening agent and baked on sheet pans. A scone is often lightly sweetened and occasionally glazed with egg wash.
Portion Size: 10 Scones
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
250 gm Flour
50 gm Sugar
50 gm Butter
20 gm Baking powder
150 ml Milk
1. Grease baking trays.
2. Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
3. Dissolve the sugar in the cold milk.
4. Rub the butter into the flour to obtain a fine sandy texture.
5. Make a bay in the dry mix, add the milk and sugar and mix to a smooth texture.
6. Divide the dough into 10 pieces and mould into balls.
7. Press flat and roll out to 15 mm thickness. Place onto the baking trays and allow to rest for 20 minutes.