Quiche is a savoury, open-faced pastry crust with a filling of savoury custard with one or more of cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables. Quiche can be served hot or cold.
200 gm Short pastry
75 gm Cheddar cheese
50 gm Ham or Back Bacon (Sliced)
25 gm Onion
Pinch Of Parsley (chopped)
1. Roll out the pastry 3 mm thick and line 2 greased flan rings.
2. Peel and finely chop the onions and cook without colouring in a little oil.
3. Cut the cheese and ham into small dice.
4. Divide the cheese, ham, onion and parsley equally between the flan rings.
5. Beat together the egg, milk and salt and strain.
6. Pour an equal amount of this mixture into each flan ring.
7. Dust the top with a small amount of cayenne pepper.
8. Bake in an oven at 180oC until the egg mix is set and the pastry is cooked.
9. Allow to cool slightly before removing the ring and then cut into portions.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe