- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
500 gm Plain Flour
200 ml Water
100 gm Margarine
300 gm Pastry margarine
1. Sieve together the flour and salt.
2. Rub the ordinary margarine into the flour to a sandy texture.
3. Make a bay, add the water and lemon juice and mix to a smooth paste.
4. Cover the paste with a damp cloth and allow it to relax in a cool place for 15 minutes then roll it out into a rectangle 20 mm thick.
5. Cover two thirds of the paste with an even layer of pastry margarine.
6. Fold the paste into 3 and lightly seal the edges, this is known as a half turn.
7. Roll out to a rectangular shape 20 mm thick and again fold in 3 layers, this makes 2 half turns.
8. Cover with a damp cloth and allow to relax for 15 minutes.
9. The paste must be rolled out and folded a further 4 times to make 6 half turns in all, leaving to rest in a cool place for 15 minutes between each turn.
The best results are obtained when the mixing is carried out in a temperature of between 15°C and 18°C and the paste is kept at this temperature until required for baking.