Prawn cocktail, also known as shrimp cocktail, is a seafood dish consisting of shelled, cooked, prawns in a cocktail sauce, served in a glass.
Portion Size 4
300 gm Cooked Prawns To prepare them: if frozen put them in a colander and allow to defrost thoroughly at room temperature for about 1 hour.
1/2 Iceberg Lettuce (Finely Shredded)
375 ml Mayonnaise
125 ml Tomato ketchup
Dash Of Worcester sauce
1. Mix together the mayonnaise and ketchup.
2. Add Worcester sauce and cayenne pepper.
3. Divide the lettuce between 4 small plates equal amounts.
4. Place the cooked prawns in your *clean hand* and (gently) make into a ball and place them on top of your lettuce.
5. Layer your sauce over the top of the prawns using a tablespoon.
6. Sprinkle lightly a little cayenne pepper, add a lemon wdge and serve.
Serve with a toasted slice of baguette, diagonally cut Enjoy.
This sauce should be salmon pink in colour
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe