Homemade Potato Skins2016-12-14
Homemade Potato Skins
Portion Size: 4
4 Large Potatoes Jackets(Washed)
50 gm Butter
1 Onion Finely Diced or used sping onion
2 Spring Onions (Finely Diced)
2 Slices Bacon (diced)
50 gm Button Mushrooms (Sliced) (optional)
4 Tablespoons of Milk
50 gm Grated Cheese (Cheddar)
Salt And Pepper
1 Teaspoon Of English Mustard (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 170c, Prick the potatoes with a fork at least 3 times,.
2. Melt the butter and roll the potatoes in the butter and place on an oven proof tray. Place in the oven for approx 1 hour or until tender use your thumb and fore finger to test.
3. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 30 mins,
4. With the remaining butter add it to a frying pan add onion and Diced bacon and fry gently for 3-4 mins until soft and lightly colour add the mushroom and fry for about 5 mins on a moderate heat transfer to a mixing bowl,
5. Cut the potatoes in half lengthways and scoop out the cooked potato from each half using a tablespoon, (carefully not to pierce skin) add potato to the onion, bacon mixture and beat together, add milk to make a creamy consistency,
6. Beat the cheese, mustard and sprinkle of salt and pepper taste..
7. Pile the mixture back into the potato skins and level off with a fork and level off with the back of the fork,
8. Place in the oven for approx 20 mins until golden brown on top, Serve.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
4 people rated this recipe