- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
Pork Ribs With Chilli Plum Sauce
1. Pork Ribs:
1.2 kg Pork Ribs
75 gm Black beans (preserved)
Pinch Five Spice Powder
5 ml Oyster Sauce
5 ml Rice Wine
5 ml Soy sauce
2. Chilli Plum Sauce:
12.5 gm Root Ginger
1 Clove Garlic
5 gm Spring Onions
5 gm Cornflour
75 ml Plum sauce
5 ml Chilli sauce
1. Soak the black beans in water for 15 minutes. Drain them thoroughly and mash with a fork.
2. Mix the black beans with the oyster sauce, rice wine, soy sauce, five spice powder, pepper and salt.
3. Coat each of the pork ribs with the black bean mixture and then cook under a grill for 10 minutes, turning them occasionally.
4. Remove the ribs from the grill, brush both sides with chilli plum sauce then grill them for a further 10 minutes until cooked to a golden brown colour.
5. Transfer to a warm dish and serve with warm chilli plum sauce separately.
Chilli Plum Sauce
1. Peel and chop the ginger, peel and crush the garlic and cut the spring onions into 1 cm lengths.
2. Shallow fry the ginger, garlic and spring onions in a saucepan for one minute.
3. Mix the cornflour with a little water.
4. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the plum sauce, the chilli sauce and the soy sauce.
5. Bring to the boil and thicken with the cornflour solution.
1. Plum sauce is available canned from specialist food stores.
To make, mix together, 100 gm of steward plum jam, 50 gm chopped mango chutney, 20 ml vinegar, 10 gm sugar, salt and pepper.
2. Five Spice Powder is a mixture of star anise, fennel seed, cloves, cinnamon and pepper. It is strongly piquant and only needs to be used in small quantities.