Pilaf is a dish in which rice is cooked in a seasoned broth. In some cases, the rice may attain its brown or golden colour by first being sauteed lightly in oil before the addition of stock.
Portion Size: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
250 gm Basmati Rice
1 Stock Cube
5 gm Cinnamon
75 gm Onion (Diced)
1 Bay Leaf
Knob Of Butter
3 Cardamon Pods
1 Gm Tumeric
100 ml Water (Hot)
1. To make up the vegetable stock, whisk the hot water and stock cube together.
2. Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan and cook the onions without colour until they soften.
3. Add all the spices and herbs and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the rice, add stock, stir and bring to the boil reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. When cooked, stir in the knob of butter, season with Salt & Pepper .
6. Remove from heat, using a colander drain the excess water and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe