Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on a cooked mixture of milk or cream and egg yolk.
Portion Size: 500 ml
300 ml Milk
30 gm Flour
100 gm Sugar
3 Large Eggs
Drops of Vanilla essence
1. Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
2. Mix the yolks, sugar and essence in a basin with 60 ml of milk.
3. Add the flour and mix all the ingredients together.
4. Boil the remainder of the milk and stir into the mixture.
5. Return to the saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
6. Allow to cool and use as required.
Pastry Cream is basically a thick custard.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
Homemade Brandy Sauce
Rich Tea Scones