- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
50 gm Shallots
5 gm Fresh mint
Drizzle Of Vinegar
40 mlCold water
5 Egg yolks
200 gm Butter
1. Peel the shallots and cut them into fine dice and crush the peppercorns. Place them in a non aluminium saucepan and add the vinegar. Bring to the boil, cover and allow to infuse.
2. Allow to cool, add the water and egg yolks.
3. Return to a low heat, whisking constantly until cooked to a sabayon.
4. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly then gradually whisk in the butter, season and pass through a muslin cloth.
5. Finely chop the mint and add it to the sauce.
1. The sauce should be kept at blood heat or it maycurdle.
2. A stainless steel hand bowl is a suitable utensil for this sauce.