Mushroom leek and pea Wellington2017-01-04
Mushroom leek and pea Wellington
Portion Size: 5 – 6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
200 gm Mushrooms (Washed & Sliced)
200 gm Leeks (Washed & Sliced)
100 gm Onions (Diced)
100 gm Peas (Defrosted)
Knob Of Butter
Salt & Pepper
1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
150 gm Cous Cous
225 ml Water (Hot)
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Sprinkle Mixed Herbs
1 Sheet Puff Pastry (Ready Made)
1 Egg (Egg Wash)
1. In a saucepan add a knob of butter, add onions, garlic mushrooms and sweat for 4 minutes.
2. Make up the vegetable stock, whisk the hot water and stock cube together in a bowl add it to the cous cous, and peas.
3. In your bowl add the veg mix to the cous cous, add 2 eggs and mix well .
4. Lay the puff pastry on a clean floured surface, Spoon the cous cous mix into the middle of the pastry length ways, egg wash the edges of your pastry.
5. Fold the bottom of the pastry over the mixture, then fold other side so the meet in the middle.
6. Fold both ends of the pastry over to seal, with a pastry brush egg wash the top of the pastry.
7. Lift the wellington onto a greased oven tray,make a small incision into the centre of the wellington to allow any excess steam to escape, place in a preheated oven 170c for 45 minutes until golden brown in colour.
8. Remove from the oven allow to rest for for 3 minutes and slice into 5 portions and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe