Moroccan Tomato and Chick Pea Soup2016-12-20
Moroccan Tomato and Chick Pea Soup
Homemade soup is something that can be created from the simplest of ingredients, the key to a good soup is to reduce the soup, bring to the boil and let it simmer for minimum of 20 minutes
Portions size: 4-6
- 100 gm onions
- 150 gm chick Peas (Drained)
- 50 gm Tomato Puree
- 20 gm Margarine
- 50 gm Carrots (Diced)
- 75 gm Leeks (Diced)
- 200 gm Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 litres Water (Hot)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 Tspn Turmeric
- 1 Tspn Garam Masala
- 1 Tspn Chilli Powder
- 1 Tspn Cumin
- Wash, clean and roughly chop the vegetables.
- Heat margarine in a saucepan and sweat the vegetables for 3 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes, spices, tomato puree and chick peas and sweat for 2 mins.
- Make up the vegetable stock, whisk the hot water and stock together.
- Add stock and simmer for 40 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Blend soup using a hand stick blender, Taste and season with salt & Pepper, Serve.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe