Minted Pea Soup2016-12-20
Minted Pea Soup
Minted Pea Soup Homemade soup is something that can be created from the simplest of ingredients, the key to a good soup is to reduce the soup, bring to the boil and let it simmer for minimum of 20 minutes
Portions Size: 4-6
- 350 gm Frozen peas
- 125 gm Peeled Potatoes (Diced)
- 50 gm Celery (Diced)
- 50 gm Leeks (Diced)
- 20 gm Margarine
- 1.4 Litres Water (Hot)
- 100 gm Onions (Diced)
- 1 Tblspn Mint Sauce
- 20 gm Vegetable Stock
- Salt &Pepper to taste
- Wash, clean and roughly chop vegetables.
- Try to chop all Vegetables the same size.
- Heat the margarine in a saucepan and sweat vegetables for 3 mins.
- Make up the vegetable stock, whisk the hot water with the stock together.
- Add stock and simmer for 20 minutes then add peas and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add in the mint sauce ,Blend the soup using a hand held stick blender and finish with a drizzle of cream.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe