Mexican Chilli Bean Soup2016-12-30
Mexican Chilli Bean Soup
Homemade soup is something that can be created from the simplest of ingredients, the key to a good soup is to reduce the soup, bring to the boil and let it simmer for minimum of 30 minutes.
Portion Size: 4-6
Prep Time: 10 Mins
120 gm Berlotti Beans (Drained)
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
125 gm Kidney Beans (Drained)
75 gm Onions (Diced)
Knob Of Butter
50 gm Tomato Puree
1 Clove Of Garlic (Crushed)
Sprinkle Chilli Powder
100 gm Potatoes (Diced)
Salt & Pepper
1.4 Litre Water
1. Wash, clean and roughly chop the vegetables. (chop the vegetables the same size)
2. Heat a knob of butter in a saucepan, add onions, potatoes, chilli and garlic and cook for 3-4 mins.
3. To make up the vegetable stock, whisk the water and stock together.
4. Add the berlotti & Kidney beans and tomato puree add the stock and simmer for 40 until vegetables are tender.
5. Add Some chopped coriander and blend the soup using a hand stick blender, taste and season with salt & Pepper Serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe