Melon – Melon Cocktail
A melon is any of various plants of the family Cucurbitaceae with sweet edible, fleshy fruit. The word “melon” can refer to either the plant or specifically to the fruit. Botanically, a melon is a kind of berry, specifically a “pepo.
1. Chill the melon thoroughly.
2. cut through the centre and remove the seeds.
3. Cut into sections in the shape of crescents (Cut in half then into 8 sections).
4. Serve on crushed ice with caster sugar and ground ginger separately.
The melon varieties available and the portions they yield are as follows:
Cantaloup 6-8 portions approximately
Honeydew 6-8 portions approximately
Charentais 2-4 portions cut in half across
Ogen 2-4 portions cut in half across
Canteloup or honeydew
25 gm Caster sugar
1. Cut the melons in half and remove the seeds.
2. Separate the flesh from the skin of the melon.
3. Cut into 15 mm dice or scoop out with a parisienne cutter.
4. Dust with caster sugar and liqueur if desired. Chill and serve in coupes.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe