Homemade Lemon Rice2016-12-31
Pulihora, Puliyodarai, Puliyogare or simply Tamarind Rice is a common rice preparation in the South Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
Portion Size: 4-6
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
250 gm Basmati rice
1 Lemon (Zested & Peeled
1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
5 gm Nigella Seeds
100 ml Water
Salt & Pepper
1. Mix the rice, garlic, turmeric and seeds together.
2. Stir in the lemon juice and zest, season lightly with salt & Pepper.
3. Cover the rice with water, stir and bring to the boil reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. When cooked, stir in the knob of butter, Remove from heat, using a colander drain the excess water and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe