Lamb Shank In Red Wine Sauce
Lamb Shank In Red Wine
A meat shank or shin is the portion of meat around the tibia of the animal, the leg bone beneath the knee.
Lamb shanks are often braised whole:
4 Lamb Shanks (300 gm -500 gm Each)
2 Carrots (Finely Diced)
1 Large Onion (Finely Diced)
2 Celery Sticks (Diced)
2 Cloves Garlic (Crushed)
1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
200 ml Red Wine
500 ml Lamb Stock (2-3 Stock Cubes)
1 Tbsp Plain Flour
1 Tsp Thyme
1 Tsp Red Wine Vinegar
2 Bay Leaves
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 160c, Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large hobproof casserole dish.
2) Season the Lamb shanks with salt and pepper, brown of the lamb in batches, place on kitchen roll to drain excess fat, Add another tbsp of oil and fry the onion, carrots and celery for 5-10 mins until softened.
3) Add garlic, thyme, tomato puree, sugar and flour and fry gently for 3 minutes.
4) Gradually stir in the wine and bring to the boil reduce heat to a simmer and reduce the red wine by half.
5) Add your lamb shanks to the pot and pour in the lamb stock, add bay leaves and red wine vinegar bring to the boil and remove from heat and place your casserole pot into your preheated oven for about 2 – 1/2hours.
6) Serve with Homemade Mashed potato, Lamb shank on side and pour sauce over the top.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected] , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe