Moussaka is an eggplant- or potato-based dish, often including ground meat, in the cuisines of the countries of the former Ottoman Empire, with many local and regional variations.
Portion Size: 4-6
Prep Time 20 Minutes
125 gm Onions (Diced)
500 gm Minced Lamb
500 gm Potatoes(Thinly Sliced)
125 gm Mixed Peppers(Diced)
500 gm Aubergines (Diced)
125 gm Chopped Tomatoes
1 Clove Chopped Garlic
50 gm Tomatoe Puree
Sprinkle Oregano (Finely Chopped)
6 Ptns Of Bechamel Sauce
50 Gm Grated Cheddar
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, Add onions and garlic and sweat for 2-3 mins.
2. Add Minced Lamb and cook for further 7-10 mins medium heat, Continuosly Stirring.
3. Add Mixed peppers, aubergines and stir, Add Chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree.
4. Bring to the boil turn down heat then simmer for 15 mins, taste and adjust seasoing as required. Fold in half the oregano and stir well then allow to cool.
5. Make up your bechamel sauce.
6. Place your potatoes in a saucepan and add salt, bring to the boil for 15 mins remove from heat and allow to cool.
7. Spoon your moussaka mix onto your oven proof dish, Thinly as possible slice your cooled potatoes and layer them neatly over your mince.
8. Spread your bechamel/white sauce over the potatoes evenly, then sprinkle your grated cheddar over the top.
9. Place in preheated oven at 160c for 30-40 mins.
10. Remove from oven, Garnish with the remaining oregano and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe