Sauce chasseur, sometimes called “hunter’s sauce”, is a simple or compound brown sauce used in French cuisine. It is typically made using demi-glace or an espagnole sauce as a base, and often includes mushrooms and shallots.
Portion Size: 250 ml
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
300 gm Mushrooms
100 gm Onions
25 gm Butter
1 Beef Stock Cube
200 ml Red Wine
250 ml Water
25 gm Caster Sugar
1. Peel the onions and then cut them into fine dice, slice the mushrooms and saute both in the butter until tender.
2. Add the red wine and reduce by one third.
3. Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Adjust the seasoning and consistency.
1. For a lighter sauce , substitute the beef stock with thinned chicken stock.
2. This sauce is usually served with pork or veal schnitzels.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
Homemade Brandy Sauce
Homemade Toffee Sauce