- Yield : 6
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
350 gm Mushrooms
100 gm Onions
25 gm Butter
250 ml Demi-glace (Gravy)
150 ml Red wine
25 gm Sugar
1. Peel the onions and then cut them into fine dice, slice the mushrooms and saute both in the butter until tender.
2. Add the red wine and reduce by one third.
3. Add the demi-glace, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Adjust the seasoning and consistency.
1. For a lighter sauce , substitute the demi-glace with thinned chicken veloute.
2. This sauce is usually served with pork or veal schnitzels.