Homemade Scotch Eggs2017-01-16
The London department store Fortnum & Mason claims to have invented Scotch eggs in 1738, but they may have been inspired by the Mughlai dish nargisi kofta (“Narcissus meatballs”).
The earliest printed recipe appears in the 1809 edition of Mrs. Rundell’s A New System of Domestic Cookery. Mrs. Rundell—and later 19th-century authors—served them hot, with gravy.
Scotch eggs are a common picnic food. In the United Kingdom packaged Scotch eggs are available in supermarkets, corner shops and motorway service stations. Miniature versions are also widely available, sold as “savoury eggs”, “picnic eggs”, “party eggs”, “snack eggs”, “egg bites” or similar.
Portion Size: 4
4 Hard boiled eggs
125 gm White breadcrumbs
250 ml Homemade Tomato sauce
300 gm Sausage meat
2 Eggs (Beaten)
50 gm Plain Flour
1. Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs.
2. Divide the sausage meat into equal portions and mould a portion around each egg. Pass through flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
3. Deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden brown.
4. Drain and serve with tomato sauce separately.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe