Homemade Sausage Rolls2017-02-02
Homemade Sausage Rolls
A sausage roll is a British savoury pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations and beyond. They are sold at retail outlets and are also available from bakeries as a take-away food. A miniature version can be served as buffet or party food.
Portion Size: 4-6
Prep Time: 20 minutes
600 gm Sausage Meat
30 gm Breadcrumbs
Salt & Pepper
1 Sheet Puff Pastry
1. In a bowl place the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, 1 egg and salt & Pepper and mix well.
2. Place the sheet of puff pastry, on a clean floured surface.
3. Cut down the middle length ways, then split the mixture into two, and place each mix down the centre of each pastry length.
4. Egg wash around the edges of the pastry, fold the sides of the pastry over the sausage meat, and roll to the centre.
5. Cut the ends off, and portion into 4-6 as required.
6. Place your sausage rolls on to a greased oven tray, egg wash the sausage rolls and place in a preheated oven 170c for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from oven rest for 5 minutes then serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe