Homemade Cornish Pasty2017-01-20
Homemade Cornish Pasty
A pasty is a baked pastry, a traditional variety of which is particularly associated with Cornwall, England, United Kingdom.
Portion Size: 4
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
400 gm Minced Lamb
100 gm Potatoes (Peeled & Diced)
100 gm Carrots ( Peeled & Diced)
100 gm Onions (Diced)
1 Sheet Puff Pastry (Ready Made)
Salt & Pepper
100 ml Water (Hot)
2 Beef Stock Cubes
1. Heat a dash of oil in a saucepan, add onion, carrot, potato, Salt & Pepper and the minced lamb and cook for 10 minutes mixing well.
2. Make up the beef stock, whisk the hot water and stock together.
3. Add stock to the saucepan bring to the boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and allow mixture to completely cool.
5. Cut the pastry sheet into 4, egg wash around each edge , spoon equal quantities of meat into the centre of each square, then bring each side to the top of the filling and crip together.
6. Place on a greased oven tray or use greaseproof, eggwash each pasty and place in a preheated oven 170c for 30 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe