Hollandaise sauce is an emulsion of egg yolk and liquid butter, usually seasoned with lemon juice, salt, and a little white pepper or cayenne pepper. In appearance, it is light yellow and opaque, smooth and creamy. The flavor is rich and buttery, with a mild tang added by an acidic component such as lemon juice.
Portion Size: 250 ml
4 White Peppercorns
25 ml Vinegar
25 ml Water
250 gm Butter
2 Egg yolks
1. Crush the peppercorns and place them in a saucepan, add the vinegar and reduce by three quarters.
2. Remove from the heat and add the water.
3. Add the yolks to the reduction and whisk over a low heat until the mixture attains the consistency of cream.
4. Gradually whisk in the butter, season and pass through a sieve.
5. Keep warm until you serve.
1. This sauce should be kept at blood heat or it may curdle.
2. Stainless steel hand bowl is a suitable utensil for this sauce.
3. This sauce is served with eggs benedict, grilled fish or meat dishes .
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe
Homemade Brandy Sauce