Green Bean Nicoise2016-12-14
Sauted French Beans Sauted With Tomatoes
Green beans, also known as French beans, string beans, or snap beans, are the unripe fruit and protective pods of various cultivars of the common bean. Immature pods of the runner bean, yardlong bean, and hyancinth bean, are also used as snap beans.
Portion Size : 4-6
400 gm French Beans
1/2 An Onion
Knob Of Butter
1. Wash the beans and trim off the ends
2. Cook them in boiling salted water until tender, about 5 minutes then allow them to drain in a colander.
3. Concasse the tomatoes (Quarter tomatoes and remove Seeds then Finely Slice the flesh).
4. Finely dice the onions and cook them in the butter until tender, add the tomato and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the beans, reheat thoroughly, season and serve. heated vegetable dish.
Young beans should need little preparation. If they have become coarse remove the stringy sides.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe