Golden Syrup Sponge2017-02-02
Golden Syrup Sponge
Sponge cake is a cake based on flour, sugar, and eggs, and is sometimes leavened with baking powder. It has a firm, yet well aerated structure, similar to a sea sponge.
Portion Size: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
250 gm Butter
250 gm Caster Sugar
250 gm Self Raising Flour
150 gm Golden Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 165c, grease your oven tray, if your using cake tin line with greaseproof, “8” inch cake tin.
2. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the eggs
4. Fold in the self raising flour mix well.
5. Spoon the mixture into your oven tray/cake tin .
6. Place into the oven for 40 minutes, to check cake is cooked use a knife poke into the mixture if the knife comes out clean it is cooked.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool approx 1 hour.
8. Once cooled spread the syrup over the top of your cake, portion as required and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe