Cumberland Sausage And Onion Slice2017-01-20
Cumberland Sausage And Onion Slice
Portion Size: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
600 gm Sausage Meat
1 Sheet Puff Pastry (ready Made)
125 gm Onions (Finely Diced)
50 gm Breadcrumbs
5 gm Dried Sage
Salt & Pepper
1 Egg for Eggwash
1. In a large bowl place the sausage meat, breadcrumbs, 1 egg, sage, salt & pepper and mix well.
2. Sweat the diced onion in a saucepan, for about 3 minutes remove from the heat and add to the sausage mixture.
3. Using your hands combine the whole mixture, Lay the pastry on a clean floured surface place the mixture length ways along the pastry.
4. Egg wash around the edge of the pastry, and fold the pastry over the mixure, continue to roll the slice until it reaches the end.
5. Fold each end over to seal and crimp with your thumb and forefinger, move onto a greased oven tray.
6. Egg wash and make a small incision into the centre of the slice to allow any excess steam to escape when cooking.
7. Bake at 170c for 45-60 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes, slice & portion as required.
9. Serve with Mashed potato & Thyme Onion Gravy.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe