Crème brûlée, also known as burnt cream, crema catalana, or Trinity cream is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. It is normally served at room temperature
Portion Size: 4
250 ml Double cream
1 Bay leaf
25 gm Caster sugar
60 gm Demerara sugar
1. Separate the egg yolks from the whites.
2. Warm the cream and bay leaves in a saucepan to just below boiling point (Be very careful not to burn) and mix together the egg yolks and caster sugar in a heatproof bowl.
3. Remove the bay leaves from the cream and mix the cream with the eggs and sugar mix.
4. Stand the mixture in a bath of hot water and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick enough to coat the bask of the spoon.
5, Strain the mixture, pour it into 4 ramekin dishes and refrigerate for 4 hours.
6. Completely cover the surface of each ramekin with a fine layer of demerara sugar.
7. Set the ramekins on a bed of ice and place them under a hot grill to caramelise the demerara sugar then refrigerate for a further 2 hours before serving.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe