Homemade Chocolate Eclairs
An éclair is an oblong pastry made with choux dough filled with a cream and topped with icing. The dough, which is the same as that used for profiterole, is typically piped into an oblong shape.
Portion Size: Makes 10 Eclairs
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
400 ml Choux paste
250 ml Pastry cream
250 ml Chantilly cream
200 gm Milk Chocolate
25 ml Milk
Colouring and flavouring as required
1. Lightly grease baking trays.
2. Using a piping bag containing a 15 mm plain tube pipe the choux paste onto baking trays in finger shapes 10 cm long. Prepare an egg wash with the eggs and milk. Using a pastry brush egg wash the eclairs.
3. Cook in an oven at 220°C to a golden brown colour.
4. Remove the tray from the oven, transfer the buns to a pastry wire and allow to go completely cold.
5. Make a cut in the base and with a piping bag and small plain tube pipe, fill the eclairs with either pastry cream or whipped cream then to fill the eclairs. Coat the top of the eclair with fondant which has been flavoured and coloured as desired.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe