Chilli Con Carne2016-12-08
Chili Con Carne, commonly known in American English as simply “chili”, is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, and often tomatoes and beans. Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin.
500 gm Minced Beef
150 gm Onions (diced)
150 gm Mixed Peppers (diced) (optional)
100 gm Aubergine (diced)(optional)
100 gm red Kidney Beans (Drained)
1 Clove Garlic (Crushed)
3 gm Chilli Powder / Fresh Chillies or Jalapenos
10 ml oil
Pinch of Mixed Spice
20 gm Beef Stock (approx 1 stock cube)
500 gm Chopped Tomatoes
50 gm Tomato Puree
200 ml Water(Hot)
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil in a saucepan, and seal of the minced beef for 5 mins or until brown.
2. Add the onions and the rest of the vegetables and sweat for a further 5 mins.
3. Make up the beef stock, whisk the stock and the hot water together.
4. Add chilli powder, garlic and mixed spice and stir.
5. Add Chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and beef stock then the kidney beans and bring to the boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, taste and adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
1. This dish is great with rice, also maybe crush up a few nachos and sprinkle over the chilli for amazing presentation.
2. Also a great use for leftover chilli, make a Chilli burger, or chilli jacket potato Smothered with cheese
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe