The term “Chicken Maryland” or “Maryland Chicken” refers to a historic dish associated with the U.S. state of Maryland, but has other meanings from other nations. In its home base, the food dish consists of fried chicken served with a cream gravy.
8 Chicken Pieces (prepared) (Legs And Thighs)
150 gm Plain Flour
150 gm White breadcrumbs
4 Rashers Streaky bacon
75 ml Horseradish sauce
125 ml Gravy
Sweetcorn 75 gm
25 gm Flour
5 gm Sugar
25 gm Butter
40 gm Flour
50 gm breadcrumbs
Oil 75 ml
1. Season the chicken pieces and pass them through flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs and reshape using a palette knife.
2. Deep fry them for 5 minutes to a golden brown, finish cooking them in a hot oven for 20-30 mins if necessary.
3. Arrange the chicken on a warm serving dish and garnish with grilled bacon, maize fritters and fried bananas.
4. Serve horseradish sauce and Gravy separately.
1. Make a stiff batter with the sugar, egg and flour then drain the sweetcorn and add it to the batter.
2. Heat a little butter in an omelette pan and spoon out the mixture into the pain in rounds 5 cm in diameter and fry to a golden brown.
1. Remove the skin and cut each banana into 2 lengthways. Pass through flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs. Shallow fry the bananas to a golden brown
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe