Chicken And Leek Pie2016-12-18
Chicken And Leek Pie
600 gm Chicken Thigh (without bones and Diced)
200 gm Leeks (Diced)
200 gm Onions (Diced)
300 ml White Sauce (Bechamel)
10 gm Chicken Stock
10 ml Oil
200 ml Water
Salt and Pepper
200 gm Plain flour
100 gm Butter (Diced & Softened)
50 ml water
1. Prepare the pastry, Place the flour into a bowl add the diced butter and with
clean hands combine until a sandy texture/breadcrumbs add a drop of water at a time and mix well until you have a doughy pastry.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sweat the onions add the chicken and sweat for around 3 minutes.
3. Add leeks and sweat for 3 minutes, make up the chicken stock,whisk the stock with the hot water together.
4. Add the stock to the chicken and leeek mix bring to boil then simmer for 20 miutes.
5. Fold in the white sauce and heat through, taste and adjust with salt & Pepper.
6. Place mix in your oen proof dish and rest for 1 hour.
7. Roll out the pastry on to a clean, floured surface to the same size as your oven dish.
8. Roll the pastry over the filling, squeeze the pastry(Crimp) to the sides all the way around the dish, trim of any excess pastry using a small knife.
9. Make a small incision in the centre to release any excess steam.
10. With a pastry brush using 1 egg yolk brush the pastry lid with an even coat.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 165c for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe