Chicken Dopiaza (KUKHRA DOPIYAJA) Gurkha Style2014-10-04
- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 60m
Chicken Dopiaza (KUKHRA DOPIYAJA)
600 gm Chicken (Diced)
200 gm Onions
2 Green chillies
2 Garlic Cloves
25 gm Ginger
Sprinkle Of Turmeric
40 gm Garam Masala
75 ml Oil
100 gm Tomatoes
100 ml Water
Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the chicken into cubes/diced.
2. Peel and chop the tomatoes.
3. Peel the onions, slice half and roughly dice the remainder.
4. Grind the roughly chopped onions, chillies, garlic and ginger. Blend to a puree and mix with the garam masala.
5. Heat the oil and fry the sliced onions, until they are golden brown. Remove from the pan and allow to drain. Add the blended mixture to the oil remaining in the pan and fry, stirring until the colour darkens and oil appears around the edges.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
7. Add the turmeric, chicken, water and salt, stirring constantly. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
8. Add the fried onions, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with rice or chapatis.