Chicken Cordon Bleu2016-12-07
This is my favourite dish to make it is without doubt the tastiest chicken Dish ever, the flavour of the ham and then the melted cheese melt in your mouth!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
4 Chicken Breasts 140 gm min (Breasts) (Bigger The Better)
2 Ham slices (Cut in half)
Swiss cheese 4 slices (Mature cheddar works Better)
100 gm Flour
200 gm breadcrumbs
100 gm Butter
Salt & Pepper
1. Carefully cut horizontally through each breast from the straighter side almost all the way through to the other side and open out like a book.
2. On a chopping board lay the chicken out all 4 breasts and add equal amounts of Half a slice of ham and cheese to each portion close and seal.
3. Season and pass through flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a shallow pan and fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides.
5. place in oven for approx 15-20 mins until cooked.
Great dish would go well with fresh onion rings and a crispy fresh salad
I have shown you the chicken kiev video because its exactly the same principle when making the cordon bleu
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe