Tasty Treat this cake is a personal favourite, moist and sweet all at the same time, someone once asked me is there carrot in this cake hmmm ….
Makes 12 Slices
350 gm Plain Flour
250 gm Raisins
250 gm Demerara Sugar
300 ml Vegetable Oil
450 gm Carrots (peeled and grated)
5 gm Mixed Spice
5 gm Ground Cinnamon
15gm Baking Powder
2 Drops Vanilla Essence
200 gm Butter
400 gm Icing Sugar
1) Bowl 1: Mix Flour, spices, baking powder, Demerara sugar and raisins together.
2) Bowl 2: Mix eggs, oil and essence whisk well.
3) Combine both bowls together mix well, lastly add grated carrot and combine all.
Grease a “10” inch cake tin, line with greaseproof add cake mix and bake in preheated oven approx 165c
gas mark 3 for 90 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
Turn the cake onto a wired rack and remove the greaseproof paper, allow to cool for approx 90 mins.
4) whilst cake is cooling add butter and icing sugar together beat by hand or machine until light and fluffy.
5) assemble the cake: once cake has cooled with a sharp knife cut the cake in half and spread half the icing
then sandwich 2 parts back together.
6) with a pallet knife layer the remaining butter cream to the top of the cake and finish it of by a sprinkle of nutmeg over the top of the cake!!
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe