This is without doubt my tastiest soup recipe i have ever made you have to try this !!
Homemade soup is something that can be created from the simplest of ingredients, the key to a good soup is to reduce the soup, bring to the boil and let it simmer for minimum of 30 minutes.
Butternut squash, sometimes known in Australia and New Zealand as butternut pumpkin or gramma, is a type of winter squash that grows on a vine. It has a sweet, nutty taste similar to that of a pumpkin.
Portion Size: 4
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
1 Small Butternut Squash (Cut In Half – Seeds Removed) 2 Small Chillies (Deseeded & Finely Diced) 1 Clove Garlic 100 gm Onion (Diced) 100 gm Potato (Peeled & Diced) Drizzle Of Oil 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes Salt & Pepper 1.5 Litre Of Water
1. Top & Tail the butternut squash, Cut in half length ways deseed using a tablespoon, place on a oven tray and put in a pre-heated oven 170c for 40 mins.
2. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes, then using a spoon scoop the inside of the butternut squash.
3. In a saucepan add a knob of butter, add onions, chilli and the garlic sweat for 5 minutes on a moderate heat.
4. Add The potato, butternut squash and mix well, sweat for 5 minutes.
5. Make up the veg stock by adding hot water mix well, then add to the saucepan and bring to the boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, Using a handstick blender blend the soup, taste & Season with salt and pepper as required.
7. Serve with croutons, and a crispy roll.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
4. 1 ml (milliliter) is the equivalent of 1 gm (gram).