Bread & Butter Pudding2016-12-15
Homemade Bread & Butter Pudding
Bread and butter pudding is a traditional type of bread pudding popular in British cuisine. It is made by layering slices of buttered bread scattered with raisins in an oven dish, over which an egg custard mixture, made with milk or cream and normally seasoned with nutmeg, vanilla or other spices, is poured. It is often served with custard or cream.
One of the earliest published recipes for a bread and butter pudding so named is found in Eliza Smith’s The Compleat Housewife of 1728.
Portion Size: 4-6
8 Slices medium Sliced Bread
40 gm Butter
500 ml Milk
30 gm Caster Sugar
2 gm Mixed Spice
125 gm Apricot Jam
50 gm Sultanas
Dash of Vanilla Essence
10 gm Caster Sugar
500 ml Custard
1. Butter the bread slices with softened butter and cut each slice diagonally.
2. Make Egg Custard by whisking the milk, vanilla essence, caster sugar and mixed spice together.
3. Spread half of the apricot jam on the base of your oven proof dish, then layer with bread, sprinkle sultanas and sugar, then repeat the processs.
4. Pour over the egg mix, and place in a preheated oven and bake at 160c for 30 mins.
5. Remove from the oven and glaze with remaining apricot jam, portion into 6, dust with icing sugar and serve.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe