Braised Liver & Bacon2016-12-08
Calf’s liver and bacon is a dish containing calf liver and bacon. It was popular in cookbooks of the 19th and early 20th century.
800 gm Sliced Lambs Liver
4-6 Slices Bacon
50 ml Oil
100 gm Plain Flour
500 ml Water (Hot)
20 gm Beef Stock
Salt & Pepper
1. Coat the liver in seasoned flour.
2. Shake off excess flour.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the liver until golden brown on both sides.
4. Remove the liver from the pan and repeat process until all the liver is sealed.
5. Portion liver into bundles 4-6, wrap with bacon so the ends are wrapped underneath.
6. Place individually in an oven dish, make up the beef stock whisk the water and stock together.
7. Pour stock into the bottom of the dish, Cover with tin foil and place in a preheated oven at 170c for 30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and Serve.
This dish should be served with Mashed Potatoes and maybe carrots & Peas with a nice thick gravy.ENJOY
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
2 people rated this recipe