- Yield : 4-6
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
1 kg Potatoes (prepared)
50 gm Margarine
250 ml White stock
100 gm Onions
1. Cut the potatoes into slices 3 mm thick, do not re-wash.
2. Peel and shred the onions then fry without colouring.
3. Mix the potatoes and onions together, season them with salt and pepper and place them into a baking dish.
4. Arrange a neat layer of the sliced potatoes on the top and pour in stock to half the depth of the contents.
5. Brush the surface with the melted margarine, bring to the boil on the stove top then complete the cooking process in an oven at 180oC 30-40 mins occasionally pressing down on the surface of the potatoes with a slice.
6. Remove from the oven and serve decorated with chopped parsley.