Battered Sausage a dish that the whole family can enjoy, Crispy on the outside meaty on the inside!!
Portion Size 4
4 Jumbo Sausages
150 gm Plain Flour
250 gm Plain flour
10 gm Corn flour
10 gm Baking Powder
Dash of Malt vinegar
1 Tspn of Tumeric (Dried)-Adds Colour
200 ml Cold Water
Salt & Pepper
1. Make up the batter, Place the flour in a large bowl add cornflour, baking powder, add the malt vinegar and a sprinkle of Salt and pepper.
2. Add water and gently whisk making sure you combine all the ingredients, leave to stand for approx 1 hour.
3. Set/heat fryer temp to 180c, gently cover the sausages in flour, patting the flour to remove any excess.
4. Then cover the sausages with batter allowing excess to run off.
5. Carefully place sausages in the fryer and cook for 4 mins turn over and cook for another 4 mins.
6. Place on a draining tray or kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
7. Repeat the process.
Homemade Skin on Chips are amazing with this dish.
Average Member Rating
(3.7 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe