Fish and chips is a hot dish of English origin consisting of fried battered fish and hot chips. It is a common take-away food and an early example of culinary fusion.
Portion Size: 4
4 Haddock Fillets (Skin On)
150 gm Plain Flour
4 Lemon Wedges
250 gm Plain flour
10 gm Cornflour
10 gm Baking Powder
Dash of Malt vinegar
1 Tspn of Turmeric (Dried)-Adds Colour
200 ml Cold Water
Salt & Pepper
1. Make up the batter, Place the flour in a large bowl add cornflour, baking powder,add the malt vinegar and a sprinkle of Salt and pepper.
2. Add water and gently whisk making sure you combine all the ingredients, leave to stand for approx 1 hour.
3. Set/heat fryer temp to 180c, gently cover the fish in flour, patting the flour to remove any excess.
4. Then cover the fish with batter allowing excess to run off.
5. Carefully place fish in the fryer and cook for 4 mins turn over and cook for another 4 mins.
6. Place on a draining tray or kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
7. Repeat the process.
8. Garnish with lemon wedge and serve.
Homemade Skin on Chips are amazing with this dish.
1. Always Wash your hand’s before any food preparation begins.
2. I can not emphasize enough try these recipes with your kid’s, My children love to watch and get involved mainly making soups/recipes homemade, can’t beat it Enjoy.
3. If you have any questions feel free to email me at email@example.com , i will reply almost instantly to help in any way i can.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe